- Sat-Thu 08:00 - 21:00
Phone: 04 379 8747
050 373 4132
Ask the Experts
What are Moles?
Moles are usually harmless pigmented lesions. They are made of Melanocytes cells , which are scattered all over the skin. They are responsible to cause tanning of the skin by generating pigment called melanin. When the melanocytes cell cluster together, a mole develops.
Moles come in many shapes and sizes they can be flat or raised dark or light brown. Some may be fleshy and the same colour as the rest of the skin. Moles are usually acquired after birth and may continue to appear up until the age of 40yrs. After which it is unusual to develop a new mole.
When you should immediately consult the Doctor?
Firstly, it is important to rule out any suspicion or risk for the moles and if there are any concerns about the mole being unusual, an assessment with a doctor should be sought without delay.
- Moles with uneven coloring – most moles only have one or two colors, but melanomas (cancerous regions) have lots of different shades
- Moles with an uneven or ragged edge – moles are usually circular or oval with a smooth border
- Bleeding, itching, red, inflamed (swollen) or crusty moles
- Moles that get a lot bigger – most moles are no bigger than the width of a pencil
- A helpful way to remember what to look for is to use the ABCDE method.
A – asymmetry
B – border irregularity
C – color change
D – diameter
E – elevated (raised) or enlarged
Moles Removal at Cosmocare:
Our leading, expert and renowned Dermatologist Dr Murtuza Bandukwala has been providing treatment for mole removal since long. With his vast experience and expertise in this field, you may expect satisfactory results. When the patient comes for consultation, the Doctor examines the skin .If a mole is suspicious, a biopsy will be taken.
Mole removals are usually done due to the following reasons:
- If the Doctor suspects the mole to be malignant.
- If the mole is symptomatic (bleeds with shaving, painful and uncomfortable)
- Foe Aesthetic, Cosmetic reasons. Mole removal can enhance your beauty , boost your confidence and self esteem
Moles In Children:
Dr Murtuza also offers treatment for children born with brown pigmented birthmarks the so called congenital melanocytic naevus. They can be small or large and require specialist review in a pediatric dermatology clinic.
Moles can be found anywhere in the body, even those intimate areas or genital region. Such moles leads to embarrassment, uneasiness. Such moles might lead to the loss of confidence and self-esteem in the patient. Sometimes, Genital moles are confused with Genital warts therefore examination with the doctor is necessary.
To overcome the side effects of this condition, we suggest you to visit our renowned and leading Dermatologist Dr Murtuza Bandukwala who has an expertise in removing such moles. We at cosmocare believe in maintaining the privacy, confidentiality of the patient and provide safe secure and comfortable environment.